16.1.14

Productivity

Sometimes it's nice when I can get some things done, cleaned, and put away. Sometimes it's nice when I can sit down and play a game for twenty minutes. I like it best when Declan naps long enough for me to do both.

I have two tricks/methods I use to be productive: the first is temptation. Ok, maybe I can come up with a better name for it, but here's the general idea - I let myself  do whatever (read, play a game, check Facebook) for a couple of minutes, then I start working. I have specific tasks I need to accomplish, and the sooner I finish them, the sooner I can get back to "me-time," for which I have a whetted appetite. ("Whetted appetite?" Is that right?)

The second is timers. I set a timer for say, fifteen minutes, and clean for fifteen minutes. Then I take a break for fifteen minutes. Often, when I am cleaning, I will be right in the middle of something when the timer goes off, and since I'm not going to leave something undone (dishes excluded!), I usually get a little more than fifteen minutes' worth done.

Neither if these methods is revolutionary, I know, but I thought I'd share what works for me during  nap time. (Declan's nap time, not mine. The most I usually accomplish during my nap time is sleeping.)

2 comments:

Adelia Kaye said...

Hahahahaha! You took the whole post right outta my mouth. I love your sense of humor!

em said...

Thanks, Heidi! Glad you liked it! And I'm glad I'm not alone in my methods!