6.9.11

Jasper

This is the first in what I'm sure is going to be a lot of posts about the best dog ever, Jasper. I was talking with Adam this weekend, and I told him that I had no idea when we got Jasp that I would end up loving him so much. There he was, sitting on my lap, nervous as can be, and I was thinking to myself, "I just got a dog. That was a lot of money. Did I make the right choice?" It didn't take me long to see that I had definitely made the right choice, and if I knew then what I know now about how he's the perfect dog for us, I would have paid even more (but don't tell that to the breeder!).

I’ll save for another day my list of why Jasper is the best. But this weekend he did two funny things – he was sitting on the bed with Adam and me, and he was scratching his ear with his hind leg. I probably said something to him that caught his attention, so he turned and looked at us, but he was still in itch mode, so he lifted his leg but put it right back down like he had changed his mind. Then he did it again – did the “leg wave” but didn’t actually scratch! And the whole time he was staring straight at us. It was hilarious!

His other funny thing he did this weekend was, while he was playing with Adam, he was up on a recliner, and Adam squeaked his toy, and Jasp leapt off the chair, like a deer! His legs straight below him, like he was just standing mid-air. And I was sitting next to him in the LoveSac, so I got a perfect side view of the leap. Man that was funny! I love that dog.

No comments: