4.12.12

Workin' the Belly

So today on my lunch I ran some errands (getting things done makes me feel productive!). The most important one I wanted to do was to take a sample of our well water in to get tested. Adam thinks there is something wrong with our water. So my father-in-law gave me a testing kit, I got it all ready, and took it in to the health department. When I gave it to the lady, she said that I couldn't use the form I had because it was from 2009, and if I wanted to submit it with a new form, it would be $22. Ok, that's not a crazy large amount, but I was expecting to pay a lot less. So I hesitated, and she said, "Well, you look like you're about to have that baby pretty soon here, let me make a phone call and see if I can get you a deal." So she called someone, gave me a new test kit, and said to bring it back and I could get even more tests done to it than the $22 would have gotten me, and it would cost only $2!! Awesome!! She said, "I always tell people to come in when they're pregnant." I guess that's the way to get things done at the health department!

Also today, on another errand, I was making some returns of duplicate baby items and things I know we won't use. I went to one store (I won't say which), and asked if I could return these items, and no I don't have a receipt because they were gifts. The cashier says they don't do returns, only exchanges, and they usually only do exchanges with a receipt. Buuuut she called her manager over, gestured to my belly and referred to how I got these as shower gifts, and is there anything we could do? The manager said, "Well, our policy is that we don't do exchanges without a receipt, but we'll make an exception for you this time." AWESOME! So I had to get some different items to exchange them for, since they don't do straight returns, but at least I have some things I need and will use as opposed to these things I don't! Thanks, Baby in my belly!

Also funny - I was talking to a couple of the tellers on my way to lunch, and one was helping a customer at the time. One of them said something like "you may not make it till Christmas" and I turn and say something like "yeah you just never know," and then I head out to lunch. Then, later that afternoon, one of the tellers said that the customer she was helping didn't realize I was pregnant until I turned around.  I mean, I can tell the difference (hello hips) but for the most part, Baby is ALL out front!

No comments: