21.9.12

Five and Twenty Weeks

:-) Not too much to say, except that I love my baby! And if his recent movement patterns are any indication, I have to assume he is going to be a soccer player! Lots of kicks (from where I think his feet are), and some other movement, but mostly kicks!!

Doing a lot of research for baby items. Car seat, burp cloths, sheets... Adam and I decided on a stroller and have the car seat narrowed down to 2, so those are two biggies taken care of, at least!! :-) Any recommendations on items for our registry that might get overlooked?

3 comments:

Emilie said...

Aden and Anais blankets (you can get them from Target these days) are the best for swaddling! Light weight for all seasons and have many other uses as well. Also, some sort of Moby-like wrap is wonderful for the first three or four months. The baby is super close to you and both your hands are free for other things. Both my babies sleep/slept like a rock in it. Compared to an Ergo (for example) where the baby is not quite as snuggled in and I felt they didn't sleep quite as well (although that is another must-have for 5 months and up). I got mine from this site and I love it because it is cute and the cost is comparable to the Moby: http://www.loveyduds.com/

em said...

Thanks, Emilie! I added some of those swaddling blankets to our registry and have been looking at those wraps, they are really cute!! :-D

Ashley R. said...

I totally agree with everything Emilie said. Love those swaddling blankets, the Moby, and the Ergo. All must haves! I would add to your list: A Halo sleep sack swaddler (for the winter months), Some sort of bassinet/pack n play/co-sleeper that you can have right next to your bed. The crib is just too big. We used the Chicco lullaby playard with a bassinet part. A nursing cover, nipple cream, a boppy, diaper pail, baby swing (Tucker hated it, but Rosey loves it)Registering is SO much fun!