8.11.11

Not so great

Last night, I started to get a headache. At first, it was just annoying, but not that bad. Then, it got progressively worse, and I also started to feel nauseous if I stood up. So I made a fire in the wood stove (which Adam was very, very proud of - odd, because I thought I had done it all wrong) and made Adam snuggle with me while I had a hot compress on my head. When I got up this morning, the nausea was gone, but the headache remained. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm going to try to leave work a little early to get some rest.

Also, here's another difference between WI and Southern CA - when it rains in WI, people can still drive. When it rains in Southern CA, everything slows down by at least 15 MPH and it's like we're on severe weather alert... for rain! Come on, Californians, I know it doesn't rain very often, but that doesn't mean you have to ride the brakes to work!

All that to say - it's raining here. Which isn't good. Well, I mean, it's good because it means it's not snowing. However, it's not a good thing because it means snow is on the way :-( I could handle the cold much better if we didn't also have to deal with snow. C'est la vie!

No comments: