11.5.14

Deja Vu

March 6, 2014 - Last night I said to Adam, "When we find out I'm pregnant, we should go out for steak dinner to celebrate." And he was fine with that. This morning, I took a test (I actually took two because the first one gave me an error! Nerve-wracking!) and it came back positive :-) I came out of the bathroom hiding the test in my shirt sleeve, and said to Adam, "I think we should go out for steak tonight, because I'm pregnant," and handed him the test. He said, "What, no way!" and was generally very excited. We'd been trying since January, so it wasn't really a "surprise," but I did tell him when he wasn't expecting it. We are both very excited and can't wait to meet Baby #2! According to my ovulation date (I started fertility charting in January), Baby is due sometime early-mid November. I am going to keep the actual due date secret for the most part, since it's just an estimate anyway :-) Have had a very small amount of brown spotting, so I am praying everything is ok and that Baby is safe and healthy.

March 7 - first belly pic!

March 12 & 13 - we told Ian & Kathryn that I'm pregnant and found out that Kathryn is pregnant, too! She is due about three weeks before me :) How fun is that??

March 15 - We told my family today - my mom, Ken, and Taryn in the morning, and my dad's side of the family (including both sets of grandparents) at lunch. It was a fun day!

March 27 - a friend asked me if I'm losing weight. haha! If only they knew...

March 31 - First appointment with Leah, my midwife. It went pretty well. She took a general history and we talked for a while. She tried to get a blood sample but I got extremely lightheaded (I guess I needed to eat!) so she said she would get it next time. My urine sample came back clean (from my non-medical viewing of the results) and everything is looking good! Declan came with me and mostly what he wanted to do was play with her dog and nurse. She is very nice. Next appointment in about a month!

Early-mid April - I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant or what, but I have been having major wheat cravings! All I want to eat is pizza, pasta, and bread! Thankfully I have been having gluten-free (or wheat-free) substitutions that satisfy, for the most part, but something in me just wants a really good, regular PIZZA! I might have to give in... Baby wants wheat, what can I do? :-) I probably won't, but we'll see.

April 16 - told my supervisor that I'm pregnant. She's happy for me, but a little concerned only because my due date means I will be out for holidays and year-end processing. Not much I can do about that, though!

April 28 - Second midwife appointment. Leah (my midwife) has an assistant who is working towards being certified as a midwife who will be helping her do my checkups (Linda), and another woman who is just starting the training to become a midwife (Erica) who will mostly be observing. They will both be at my labor (hopefully). I'm excited, I say the more the merrier (when it comes to midwives)! I am growing well and feeling well. Barely any nausea.

May 4 - we tried to tell everyone at church today, but it didn't work exactly like we had planned, so we'll tell them next week.

May 7 - told most of my coworkers today! They are very excited for me.

May 11 - made the big "public/Facebook" announcement today (Mother's Day)! We are very happy to finally share our news! More updates to come :-)

No comments: