21.11.12

34 weeks and job update

So, I almost made it...

I almost made it my entire pregnancy without throwing up once. Then Monday night I got sick. I have no idea what caused it. It must have been something I ate (I have to assume), even though I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary. I got maybe 2 and a half hours of sleep Monday night, getting up to throw up about once an hour until 5:30am. I didn't go in to work yesterday, which was a good thing, because I was finally able to sleep. I couldn't eat very much, but I ate what I could and made sure to drink water (and a small amount of 7up in hopes of calming my stomach). I also ate some ice, which was nice. Like sneaky hydration. Anyway... I was able to actually sleep last night, and this morning I felt much better. I'm still a little iffy, so I'm trying to take it easy on my food choices (not a whole lot sounds appetizing, but I'm eating) and staying hydrated.

Last night, Adam and I started getting things put in Baby's room. Adam painted and put in new carpet (that old carpet was just... wrong), and now it looks so much nicer! It's cozy, feels more roomy and homey, and it looks like a bedroom, not just a room with a bed in it. I will have to post pictures either later today or possibly tomorrow. Still no crib, so it doesn't look like a "baby's room" per se, but it looks really really nice :-D

Now, on to 34 weeks! I can feel (and see!) Baby move a lot more. Adam was even able to see him moving last night. I don't think he's exactly resting on my bladder, but sometimes I think he leans on it or elbows it, because I'll be fine and then it's like "yeah I guess I have to go to the bathroom!" haha. He is definitely growing. I've had a few people say that I he looks even lower than he did (and I was already carrying low), so I wonder how much longer it'll be! At least three more weeks, that's what I keep telling him - "I'm really excited to meet you, but you have to wait at least three more weeks, got it Kid?" (well, I usually refer to him by the first letter of his name, but that is still under wraps :-D)

So, it is official... I have accepted the post-baby part-time position! I think it will really work out well, because I won't be away from Baby too much, and we'll still have a little extra coming in. And I'll have 4 day weekends every week, making trips easier to coordinate. And Grandma and Grandpa will be excited to have Baby-time every week, so it's a win-win-win situation! And definitely an answer to prayer, since what I originally wanted was to come back to my position part-time (if I came back to work), and now I am doing just that!

See you on the flip-side! Six weeks till due date!

No comments: