29.8.12

22 week update

Well, the main update I have for this week is movement! Lots of movement! I think it's especially fun when our little guy kicks right after Adam or I say something that I can imagine he would have an opinion on. :-) I think he's pretty opinionated, if his activity so far is any indication! And

Also, since I'm still dealing with acne, I decided to try makeup to cover some of my redness. I don't wear makeup on a normal basis (haven't since senior year of high school!), although I do wear makeup for special occasions or for going out. But I know that with my dry and acne-prone pregnancy skin (on my face, thankfully the rest of my skin hasn't had dryness issues), my liquid makeup probably wouldn't work so great. And I am trying to avoid products with chemical sunscreens, which my foundation has. All this led me to consider the mineral powder-style makeup. I tried some at Kohl's that was ok, but I figured I should get the "real" stuff. My mom has the Bare Minerals makeup, so when she was out I tried hers. We also went to the mall to a Bare Escentuals store, and figured out what colors I would need and things like that. So, I got a starter kit, and so far, I really like it. I'm still not using it every day, but when I do wear it, it doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup, and it covers my redness, which was, after all, my main goal. Another plus is that it has natural sunscreen - yay! So, I'm a big fan of the Bare Minerals makeup. :-)

And I have to put this for posterity - today is Adam's and my 2 years, 2 months, & 2 days anniversary AND our little one is 22 weeks old!! :-O That is pretty amazing if you ask me!!!

No comments: