26.4.12

Trust

I have been a Christian since before I can remember. (I don't actually remember asking Jesus "into my heart," but I remember when I was about 5 years old at an Awana event, they had a time at the end when you could pray the prayer with them to ask Jesus to forgive your sins. I remember telling my leader that I had already asked Jesus into my heart, but I did it again that night "just in case." And she explained to me that I only needed to do it once and then I'm forgiven. I don't remember her name or what she looked like, but that instance has stuck with me.) But it can still be hard to trust in God. I have learned time and again in my 26.33 years of life that things go inifinitely better when I do trust in God, instead of trying to do things my own way. I know this. I even teach my kids in Sunday School that God has a plan, and even though we can't see all of it and we may not understand it, His plan is best. However, it is still hard to be patient and just trust. I guess it comes down to... I trust in God, I just want to trust in Him more, if that makes sense. I'm a work in progress, and thankfully, that's ok.

No comments: